材質與保養建議 | Materials & Care Guide
Cherish your stars and they will shine for a lifetime.
Finely made creations at RealizedStudio can last long as family heirlooms if they are properly cared. However, dust, pollution and daily wearing sure conspire to cloud the brilliance of gemstones, and make surface of gold, platinum and silver items become dulled.
Here you will find some basic knowledge to the materials we used in our jewelry and art products along with some advises on methods of caring and handling. We make our products with passion and love and treat them like our own children. With our appreciation to your collecting, we are honored to hand over our creations in your care.
日常使用及保養建議 | General Care
- 謹慎使用 市售家用的超音波清潔器具，鑲有祖母綠的作品絕對不能用超音波清潔。
- The jewelry should be the last you put on and the first to take off. Always wear jewelry after spraying perfumes, if using perfume is necessary.
- Check if the pin of a brooch is properly fastened onto a dress or a coat. The pin gap to close securely. Make sure the fabric is endurable enough to hold the brooch.
- Crack or scratch may occur to your collection with unconsciously crashing, rubbing, or falling of a piece of jewelry. Such situation should be avoided, as the gemstones are quite fragile.
- Wearing jewelry while bathing, showering, or swimming is not advisable.
- The most basic method of cleaning is gently wiping the jewelry with soft and clean cloth that can be slightly damp with warm water. The jewelry should be wiped dry completely before stored in a box or cloth bags.
- Detergents is not advised to clean your jewelry with pearls or corals. Warm water with mild soap is enough to wash off body oil and cosmetics pollution occurred when wearing. A soft bristle toothbrush would be helpful during the cleaning process.
- Ultrasonic cleaning machine is not advised in some cases, especially with dilicate gems, such as emeralds, that will not endure the high frequency vibration of the ultrasonic might cause the gems crack.
- It is recommended to bring your jewelry to a professional for cleaning at least once a year.
- All jewelry should be stored separately in boxes with divided cells or cloth bags to prevent rubbing of each other. Direct contacts of the gems and metal will leave scratches or cracks on either or both due to different hardness.
作品材質 | Materials